The right crane can make a world of difference in a work cell — and pay for itself with increased productivity
WEPCO engineers often recommend ergonomic work station cranes to provide a safer work environment while improving productivity and increasing quality. These cranes require much less effort to move than I-beam cranes and can often justify their cost with productivity increases alone. Easily-loaded and positioned goods receive less product damage. And because physical strength is less of an issue, better use is made of your entire workforce.
WHAT TYPE OF CRANE TO USE?
- bridge cranes cover rectangular areas; jib cranes cover circular areas
- bridge cranes can be free standing or ceiling mounted
- enclosed track bridge cranes provide consistent ease of operation over full range of movement
- jib cranes can be wall or pillar mounted; they may require a special foundation
- jib cranes move easily at the very end of the boom and are harder to move as load approaches the pivot point